Saturday, September 7, 2013

Midwest Armor Guardian IV Armor Test And Review

I recently tested the Guardian IV ceramic level IV plates from Midwest Armor.   They were designed to be a reasonably priced plate while still maintaining level IV protection.    They retail for $199 but Midwest Armor was gracious enough to offer my viewers with a discount code of "MGG" available on their website.   With that code you'll get each plate for $125 (pretty good price for level IV protection).   I shot them up with 9mm, 40 S&W, 5.56x45, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, and 7.62x54r.  Here's what I found:

Pros:
-Stopped all rounds
-Made in the USA
-Guaranteed for 5 years
-10''x12'' and 1'' thick
-Curved for comfort
-The shoulder areas are cut for shouldering long guns
-Each plate weighs 7.3 pounds

Cons:
-Really the only one I can think of is the fact that it only comes in one size.


1 comment:

  1. Quite informative and the interesting blog for everyone, I simply loved it.
    glock-doc.com

    ReplyDelete